Simple and Affordable is our approach to property investment. Our recommendation are well researched by independent data collection agencies, and supported by industry knowledge. Population demographics, infrastructure, and affordability factors together with a heavy bias towards appreciating land value, all underpin our investment decision. Like many capital cities in the developed world, land is a scarce to accommodate a growing population wanting to remain close to the city centre. Apartment developments are carefully scrutinized to ensure they meet our strict criteria for demand, growth and affordability, together with unique and endearing features that provide longer term sustainability.
Overview – Australian Property Investment Landscape
- Australia enjoys one of the highest home ownership rates in the world with around 7 in every 10 dwellings being owner occupied.
- Ownership is 100% guaranteed, assets can be passed down to future generations.
- Approximately 33% of households rent and predicted to increase to 40% within a decade.
- The most generous tax incentives of all countries in the Western World, without exception.
- New dwellings attract a 100% buildings and fixtures write off, including interest and all other property outlays, deducted from all other sources of income.
- New property rent yields typically average 4.5% to 5.5% per annum
- Capital Growth historically averages around 7% to 8% over the long term in capital cities.
- A highly regulated banking system allows investors to borrow up to 90% of the bank valuation.
- Currently Record Low Interest Rates in a competitive finance market between 4% to 5%.
- No restrictions on foreign residents investing in new residential property.
- Capital Gains discount of 50% applicable to Australian Residents after 12 months.
- Principal Place of Residence (PPR) – Resident Australians receive a Tax Free Capital Gain upon sale, where PPR is owned more than for 12 months.
- Ownership can include, syndicates, tenants in common, joint ownership, family trust, companies, and Trustees of Superannuation Funds; flexible options that assist people in starting.
- Risk Management Tools: Insurance for building loss and damage, rental loss, and personal income protection insurance in the case of job loss, injury and medical condition.
- New construction, must be 6 star energy efficient. They minimise heating, power and water resources costs, and most favourable for property resale.
- Tenant pays for utilities, gas, electricity, excess water, telephone and some maintenance costs.
- NRAS properties provide significant cash benefits, upwards of Australian dollars $100,000 paid to you over a ten year period. Investment is cash flow positive from the very start.
Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane have over the past decade seen huge growth in apartment high rise off the plan investment. Growth has been derived from foreign investors where apartment living in their country of origin is considered normal, and where single dwelling homes on separate titled land is the exception.
The Great Australian Ideal of a ¼ acre land site and single dwelling home is rarely to be seen, and certainly not available in city centres.
Land scarcity and peoples’ desire to have access to all essential infrastructure like schools, hospitals, transport hubs, shopping centres, recreational facilities and be close to employment centres, is the major appeal of apartment living within close proximity to the city centre.
A word of caution, not all apartments are the same, investors’ needs to be aware of scarcity of building supply, infrastructure amenities, and consider architectural design, building development mix, and location demographics.
Our preference is biased towards boutique low rise apartment accommodation within 4km to 8km of a major city centre, in combination with a balance of sized apartment living and generous location amenity.
House & Land Packages
City Living Townhouses